Liposuction in Chicago, IL
At Chicago’s Dermatologic Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery we perform different forms of liposuction depending on the specific need and issue. We perform the following forms of liposuction:
1, Tumescent Liposuction
2. Body Jet Water-Assisted Liposuction System
3. Vaser Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction
4. Laser-Assisted Liposuction
What is liposuction?
It’s a procedure where a tube with an opening at the tip is used to remove fat from under the skin from various parts of the body.
This fat removal procedure was invented in 1973 by Dr Fischer in Italy. Since then, the procedure has evolved greatly. The most important advancement was made by a dermatologic surgeon by the name of Dr. Klein. His invention made liposuction a much safer procedure and hence made the procedure available to so many more people.
In the U.S., liposuction is the most common cosmetic procedure done. In 2014, members of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery performed 207,000 body sculpting procedures. In 2015, 222,051 procedures were reported by American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Lose stubborn fat with liposuction
Liposuction can help both women and men who want to improve certain areas of their body by removing fatty deposits.
The procedure is very effective, and the surgeons here at Dermatologic Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery are highly experienced in the newest liposuction techniques and technologies.
Liposuction can be used to contour many areas of the body.
The most common areas include:
- Under the chin: the small incision is made right under the chin and right behind the earlobes.
- Upper back: incision is made beneath the area that is going to receive the liposuction.
- Arms: incision is made at the elbow area.
- Male Chest: incision is made in the arm pit and at the nipple edge (areola).
- Female Chest: incision is made at the nipple edge and arm pit.
- Upper abdomen: area above the belly button. The incision can be in the belly button or the sides of the abdomen.
- Lower abdomen: area below the belly button. The insertion site can be in the lower belley button and the lower folds.
- The Love handles: incisions can be in the front or the back side, depending on the size and exact distribution of the fatty deposits.
- Bra fat
- Area above the genitals (aka FUPA, Happy pillow, etc)
- Outer thigh
- Inner thigh
- Above the knee
What Happens During a Liposuction Surgery?
We first hold a consultation to determine whether or not the patient is a good candidate. During this consultation, the surgeon and the patient discuss together the patient’s expectations to assure that expectations match what the doctor thinks is possible.
When a patient arrives the day of their procedure, they will be prepared for surgery.
During the first step, the doctor will mark where on the patient’s body the surgery will occur. The doctor will identify both the site of entry and the area that will be suctioned.
Next, patients are given a medication to relax them and once it has taken affect, the anesthesia, which numbs the patient, is injected into the area that is going to receive the liposuction.
During the procedure, the doctor uses a cannula, a thin tube, which is inserted into the incision.
Fat is then removed through the cannula.
Once the doctor has removed the targeted fat and contoured the area, a tight fitting compression garment that keeps the skin around the area from getting saggy.
While some results will appear within days, the full affect can take up to 18 months to materialize as the body continues to adapt to its new shape.
Benefits of Liposuction:
- Relatively simple and safe and offers consistent results.
- Works on a variety of body parts: abdomen, muffin tops, thighs, buttocks, men’s chests, arms, chin, neck, etc.
- Most patients report minimal pain and are able to walk immediately after surgery.
- Almost all patients are able to return to work and other normal activities within a few short days.
Is Liposuction Right for You?
Liposuction is meant for the removal of deep fatty deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise. It is reserved for people in good health. You should not be on a blood thinner. If you diet and exercise and still have stubborn rolls, then liposuction might help you.
Tumescent liposuction done in Chicago has revolutionized liposuction surgery done in Chicago. With the Tumescent Technique, large volumes of saline solution, local anesthesia, and adrenaline are infused into the fatty area being treated to cause swelling. This enables your surgeon to maneuver a small instrument called a canulla, connected to a vacuum machine, superficially under the skin. The cannula is inserted into the fatty tissue through tiny incisions. Your surgeon gently moves it around under your skin and suctions away the unwanted fatty deposits to reveal more attractive contours.
While liposuction is not designed to correct general obesity, any area where excess fat deposits have accumulated can be treated. These include the chin, neck, jowls, cheeks, arms, inner and outer thighs, buttocks, knees, hips and abdomen. Men with enlarged breasts can also benefit from liposuction.
Prior to surgery, a complete medical history is taken in order to evaluate the general health of the patient. Also, this surgery is almost always performed under local anesthesia.
TYPES OF LIPOSUCTION:
REVIEWS & TESTIMONIALS:
MORE REVIEWS & TESTIMONIALS:
SOME RECENT PICTURES OF BEFORE AND AFTER LIPOSUCTION: